Unimed Preventive Medicine Program
The Unimed Preventive Medicine program at Tecnosulfur operates to protect against diseases and improve the quality of life. The aim is to encourage the reflection and perception of life and guide our employees to achieve balance among the several segments of life. The program consists of an interdisciplinary team with professionals of the following fields: medicine, psychology, nutrition, nursing, physical education, social work, environment, and logistics.
Unimed program is developed from an operating model comprehending:
- Stage 1: Identification of all the employees by means of questions asked in person by the nursing team; comprising family, social, and environmental risk factors; evaluation of the anthropometric data; and blood pressure measurement
- Stage 2: Classification of patients in risk-based groups
- Stage 3: Presentation of the initial diagnosis to the company, with discussions on monitoring and intervention approaches for each group
- Stage 4: Group monitoring actions, with the participation of the interdisciplinary team using individual and group approaches; the individual actions include service to persons under risk and NTCDs (Non-transmissible Chronic Diseases) carriers by the medical, nursing, nutrition, psychology, physical education, and social work teams; actions developed by the groups are performed according to the epidemiologic profile of the company and resorting to a playful approach and music-as-educational tools to inform the individuals
- Stage 5: Revaluation of the results and redefinition of strategies at Tecnosulfur
Such actions result in more physical and psychological balance, giving employees better quality of life and health.